Recently I did a Software Update of Quicktime. There was a little warning attached to it that I brushed off. When later I tried to play a DVD, it didn’t work. Naturally I assumed it was the new version of Quicktime and decided to rebuild my system. A very rash action I admit. The least I could have done was some research to find the real cause and perhaps uninstall that version of Quicktime.
Anyway, getting the system back to were it was before the rebuild was a journey of a thousand steps. A lot of the information I needed came from technical blogs. This blog is my show of appreciation and perhaps a shortcut to others mired in similar painful circumstances.